Suffolk County Wrongful Death Lawyer
Representing Families in Smithtown, Kings Park, Commack, East Northport and the Surrounding Communities
The death of anyone due to the negligent or reckless actions of another person or company is a tragedy. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to bring back a loved one.
We understand. When a loved one has been killed, families look to our firm to recover the full compensation to which they may be entitled.
The following are some of the types of accidents that can result in a wrongful death:
- Motor vehicle accident;
- Construction accident;
- Motorcycle accident;
- Slip and fall accident;
- Truck accident; and
- Drunk driving accident.
Seeking Full Compensation for the Wrongful Death of Your Loved One
In addition to the emotional void left by the death of a family member, if the loved one was a breadwinner for the family, surviving family members are often left with real and immediate financial, particularly if the loved one had little or no life insurance. While life insurance may be helpful, families are nonetheless entitled to all damages legally recoverable from those causing death due to negligence. These damages often include:
- The present value of income that that the decedent would have earned over the course of his or her lifetime, taking into account likely raises, promotions, bonuses, and other matters
- Compensation for pain and suffering,
- Compensation for the loss of companionship that may be suffered by a spouse, children, and parents,
- Certain expenses, such as medical bills and reasonable burial costs, and
- Potentially other expenses and damages that would not have been incurred except for the wrongful death.
Proving Damages and Seeking Full Compensation
Because every situation is unique, so too will be the damages that are compensable. Once we learn about your matter, we can explain what damages may be recoverable in your situation, and how damages are determined.
Please Call Us to Learn More and to Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
We can advise you as to the legal process for seeking recovery once we understand the facts and circumstances of your case. We represent clients in wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, so, there is no fee to us unless we are successful in obtaining an award or settlement.
Please call us at (631) 543-8811 to schedule an appointment. There is no fee or obligation. If you cannot meet with us at our office, we will come to you.